- Duration in hours: 2 x 4h
- Module level: Foundation
Overview: Liquefaction and ocean shipping of natural gas has revolutionized the market and use of this energy. The necessity to reduce the worldwide CO2 emissions also boosted the gas trade and share in the energy mix. Natural Gas is seen today as the energy of transition allowing to drastically reduce CO2 emissions compared to Coal and Oil, before non-fossil alternatives are viable in terms of availability, safety and cost.
LNG therefore plays today an essential role in the energy supply security over the world and brought flexibility in the energy Supply Chain.
This introduction will give full understanding to the Trainees of the 4 main elements of the LNG Value Chain: Gas Exploration & Production - Treatment and Liquefaction - Storage-Loading-Shipping - Reception-Distribution-Usage.
Audience: As any Adinergy's Introduction, Introduction to LNG is intended to non specialist of LNG but economic actors who need to undertsand deeply the full Value Chain of LNG.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this introduction, trainees will have a complete and deep understanding of the Gas/LNG industry and market.
Certificate: Upon completion of the training participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Adinergy.
- Role of Natural Gas/LNG in the Energy Transition: Composition of Natural Gas and LNG - Why LNG is considered as essential for ensuring an energy transition towards a decarbonised economy - How Gas is transported ? – Why is Gas liquefied ?
- The LNG Value Chain: The 4 main elements of LNG Value Chain:
- Natural Gas exploration & Production
- Treatment and Liquefaction
- Storage - Loading - Shipping
- Reception and Distribution