- Duration in hours: 1 x 4h
- Module level: Foundation
Overview: Extracted from Adinergy's course "Transit & Shipping", this Incoterms introduction allows, in 3 hours, to understand the transfer of Risks related to an international shipment between a Seller and a Buyer.
In addition to the review of the Incoterms themselves, and the latest modifications made in the 2020 version, the Introduction indicates criteria and figure helpful for the selection of a transport mode.
It will also address the essential topics of Liabilities and Insurances in International Transport allowing the trainees to benefit from the recommendation made for selecting the right Incoterm.
The good understanding of the Incoterms is ascertained through exercises allowing the trainees to "practice" the Incoterms.
Audience: All actors of the Supply Chain, including Contract engineers, need to understand and practice the Incoterms to be able to use them efficiently. Technical Departments who are actively involved in the Procurement of their equipment will also find this introduction necessary.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this introduction, trainees will be comfortable with the use of the Incoterms but also with the Liabilities and Insurances shared amongst the actors of the Supply Chain. It is a key of the Supply Chain optimization.
Certificate: Upon completion of the training participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Adinergy.
- Selection of Transport Mode: Criteria and figures for selection of the most efficient mode of international transport: Schedule - Budget - Carbon efficiency.
- The Risks linked to International Transport: The transfer of Risks between Seller and Buyer.
- Liabilities & Insurances in International Transport: Liabilities of the Freight Forwarder - Contracting scheme - Insurances of International Shipment - Insurance Claim.
- The Incoterms: Review of the 2020 Incoterms - Incoterms 2020 vs 2010 - Recommendation for Incoterm use - Exercises.