- Duration in hours: 2 x 4h
- Module level: Foundation
Overview: Lifting and Handling operations are inherent to many sectors of the Upstream Industry.
Lifting operations are performed, often, in extreme situations making these activities very sensitive: Offshore, isolated areas, construction sites...
But routine lifting operations are also cause of dramatic accidents.
Lifting and hoisting operations are among the major causes of fatalities and serious incidents in global Exploration and Production (E&P) activities.
It is impossible to talk about Lifting and Handling without taking about Safety and Health.
It will be the first aspect to be looked at. Many tools exist, training being the first one, to mitigate the risks of Lifting and Handling operations.
Let’s review them !
Audience: All personnel involved in Handling/Lifting operations: Base personnel, Logistics, Maintenance, Construction Personnel but also HSE Personnel having need to focus on Lifting operations.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this course, Trainees will have all basic knowledges to conduct and supervise Lifting and Handling operations on Supply Base or Yard. They will also have a complete knowledge of Lifting appliances and accessories used on Supply Base or Yard.
Certificate: The training will be completed by an online test on EvalBox. Upon completion of the training, including the test, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Adinergy.
- Definitions: Lifting / Handling - Lifting Equipment - Lifting Accessories.
- Lifting - Handling: Golden Rules: The 8 Golden Rules for safe and controlled Lifting Operations - Exercise of Lift Plan definition.
- Characteristics of the Load: How to calculate or assess a load weight - Exercise.
- Various Types of Lifting appliances: Forklift Trucks - MEWP - Cranes - Lifting Accessories.