- Duration in hours: 2 x 4h
- Module level: Foundation
Overview: The management of catering facilities, offshore or in isolated onshore zones, is a sensitive activity as it is an easy source of contamination and can badly affect Health and also because food is of particular importance to all Personnel in this context.
The third point highlighting the importance of this course, is that the management of these facilities is sometimes under non-professional supervision and contracted to local companies who may have different hygiene standards.
The HACCP system allows to align requirements to internationally recognized standards.
The objective of this module is to provide a deep understanding of:
- The status and characteristics of HACCP
- The context of HACCP within international regulations
- The importance and use of Pre-Requisite Points
- How to plan an effective HACCP system and correctly apply the principles in practice
- How to effectively implement a HACCP system
- How to verify and maintain a HACCP system
Audience: All Personnel involved in the operations and supervision of Catering Facilities.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this course, Trainees will be able to supervise Catering Facilities and a Catering Contractor. They will ensure, through the application of the HACCP system, the elimination of any Hazard related to Food and guarantee the preservation of Health of all Personnel using the Catering Facilities.
Certificate: The training will be completed by an online test on EvalBox. Upon completion of the training, including the test, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Adinergy.
- HACCP definition & Background
- Definition and Focus.
- The origins and history of the HACCP system.
- The benefits and limits of the HACCP system.
- HACCP regulatory frame and principles:
- Regulatory frame.
- HACCP principles: The 7 Codex HACCP principles – The Codex steps logic sequence.
- HACCP Pre-Requisite Programs: Examples of pre-requisite programs – Role and Result of pre-requisite programs.
- HACCP system implementation:
- Preparing for HACCP: Management & Workforce commitment – planning the HACCP project
- The HACCP team: Responsibilities of the team – the role of the team Leader.
- HACCP implementation: What a HACCP plan? – Scope definition – Description and review of the Process flow diagram.
- Hazards Analysis: the 3 stages of Hazard Analysis: 1. List of Potential Hazards – 2. Conduct the Hazard Analysis – 3. Identify Control Measures.
- The Critical Control Points: What are the CCP – Identification of the CCP.
- The critical Limits: Setting and validating the critical limits.
- Monitoring: Monitoring method and plans – Monitoring procedure.
- Review and maintenance
- HACCP system internal Audit: Audit terms & definitions - Auditing as a Management tool - Audit stages: Planning – Preparation – Opening Meeting – Onsite Audit – Reporting/Findings – Follow-up.