- Duration in hours: 3 x 4h
- Module level: Skill
Overview: International transportation is a complex chain linking and interacting many actors having various roles and expertise.
This course gives guidelines and good practices in order to properly optimize and secure the international transportation of your shipments.
It gives sound knowledge of International Trade and the physical organization of international transportation chain.
Audience: Any personnel involved in the Expediting and shipping of Goods: Procurement, Logistics, Transit Agent.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this course the attendants will have a complete understanding of the various tasks of the Transit and Shipping functions.
They will also have a sound knowledge of the different transportation modes.
They will be able to enhance their efficiency in the various positions of a Transit/Logistics department and improve the Supply Chain efficiency.
- Legal framework of Freight Forwarding activity: International Organizations regulating the International Trade and Transport.
- The key Players: Internal and external players, Role of the Freight Forwarder.
- The Incoterms: Review of the (11) Incoterms. Incoterms 2020 vs 2010 - Recommendation - Exercises.
- Liabilities and Insurances in the international transportation chain: Liabilities of the Freight Forwarder, Contracting Scheme, Insurances of international Cargo, Insurance Claim.
- Contracting the Freight Forwarder: Scope of Service, FF contractual obligations, remuneration of the Freight Forwarder.
- Customs Regulations: Customs Duties, Customs documentation, Customs Systems.
- Packing of the Goods: Packing Rules and Classes.