- Duration in hours: 2 x 4h
- Module level: Foundation to Skill
Overview: Concerns for Environmental protection, Climate change and Human Health focus the attention on how the Oil & Gas Companies can reduce the impact of their operations on the Environment. This has become an essential requirement of Operator’s efficiency.
Logistics and Supply Chain, by an intensive use of all transportation means to support worldwide industry’s operations have a key role to play to reduce the environmental impacts of the Exploration, Project and Production phases.
Audience: Logisticians, HSE Personnel, Project Engineer, future Head of Logistics, Transit Agents who will need to integrate the reduction of Logistics environmental impacts in their decisions.
This module is also adapted to personnel working in Transport sector without being involved in Oil and Gas industry.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this module, Trainees will understand the impacts of Transport sector on Green House Gas emissions and Global Warming. They will be aware of objectives set by international organizations to reduce these impacts. They will have a complete view of all Research & Development currently on-going to reduce the impacts.
They will be able, in their position, to arbitrate decisions aiming at reducing the impacts of Transports and Logistics on Climate and Health.
Certificate: The training will be completed by an online test on EvalBox. Upon completion of the training, including the test, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Adinergy.
- Section 1 of the course defines the various pollutions generated by Logistics and identifies all the impacts of Transport and Logistics on Environment.
- Section 2 introduces the issue of pollution by the Marine Transport and the objectives set by IMO in term of impacts reduction. It reviews all short, mid, long term actions currently implemented or studied in the Shipping and Offshore sector to meet the goals.
- Section 3 defines the pollution and impacts of the Air Transport, the objectives defined by ICAO to reach a carbon neutrality despite the increase of air traffic and the implementation of measures to meet these objectives. This section also addresses the specific issues of the air support of Oil & Gas Operations.
- Section 4: After having given specific figures of impact of road transportation on Environment, the section starts from the European Union objectives in terms of reduction of pollution of road transportation and reviews all the alternatives to fossil fuels for cargo trucks: Biofuels, Gas, Hybrid, full electric and hydrogen combustion cells.
- Section 5: The Green Warehouse Design Approach: Design & Construction – Organization – Energy Sources – Lighting – Temperature Regulation – Footprint – Wastes Treatment – Handling Equipment – Water collection System – Paper free – Energy Performance evaluation – The actors on the market of the energy performance optimization