International Freight Forwarding
- Duration in hours: 3 x 4h
- Module level: Skill
Overview: The Transit function is aiming at transporting Goods from one Vendor located at a point of origin to its final consignee in the country of use. In the Oil & Gas industry this final destination may be an isolated/remote area of difficult access.
This makes the Transit & Shipping function an essential element of the operational Supply Chain efficiency.
Transporting sensitive industrial equipment from one point of the world to the opposite within schedule and with an efficient control of the cost is a condition of success of the Oil and Gas development Projects.
This course is a dense study of the International Freight Forwarding activity:
- It reviews the regulatory frame of the Freight Forwarding activity,
- It defines the key players,
- It details the liabilities and the contract with the Freight Forwarder,
- It explains in detail the 2020 Incoterms,
- It describes the customs regulations
- It addresses the important issue of Packing of the shipment in order to ensure its integrity through a complex transportation chain.
Exercises along the course will allow the trainees to practice and use the Incoterms.
Audience: Any personnel involved in the Expediting and shipping of Goods: Procurement, Logistics, Transit Agent.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this course the attendants will have a complete understanding of the various tasks of the Transit and Shipping functions.
They will also have a sound knowledge of the different transportation modes.
They will be fully familiar with the Incoterms after having completed a lot of practical exercises allowing them to understand the various terms and their use.
They will be able to enhance their efficiency in the various positions of a Transit/Logistics department and improve the Supply Chain efficiency.
Certificate: The training will be completed by an online test on EvalBox. Upon completion of the training, including the test, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by Adinergy.
- Legal framework of Freight Forwarding activity: International Organizations regulating the International Trade and Transport.
- The key Players: Internal and external players, Role of the Freight Forwarder.
- The Incoterms: Review of the (11) 2020 Incoterms. Incoterms 2020 vs 2010 - Recommendation - Exercises.
- Liabilities and Insurances in the international transportation chain: Liabilities of the Freight Forwarder, Contracting Scheme, Insurances of international Cargo, Insurance Claim.
- Contracting the Freight Forwarder: Scope of Service, FF contractual obligations, remuneration of the Freight Forwarder. Some Indicators to measure the Freight Forwarder Performance.
- Customs Regulations: Customs Duties, Customs documentation, Customs Systems.
- Packing of the Goods: Packing Rules and Classes.