- Duration in hours: 1 x 4h
- Module level: Foundation to Skill
Overview: This module reminds the various drilling configuration and the context and environment of Drilling Operations. It describes the main methods and tools used by the Industry to identify, evaluate and control the Risks associated to Drilling Operations and Rigs.
Audience: Any Superintendents, Supervisors and Technicians involved in the Safety of Drilling Operations. This course is also a necessary refresher for drillers who are daily exposed to the specific Risks of the Rig environment.
Deliverables: Upon completion of this module, Trainees will feel confident in their understanding of:
- The various drilling configurations, the roles and responsibilities of personnel working on a drilling unit.
- A solid knowledge of all Risks associated to Drilling Operations
- The best way to assess and mitigate these Risks
Introduction: Standard Drilling Configurations: Onshore, Offshore and Deep Offshore - Environment & Activity - Equipment - Personnel - Standards, Rules and Regulations - Roles and Responsibilities.
Hazards Identification - Risk Assessment - Risk Mitigation: HAZID Definition - Energy based Risk Assessment - Prioritization of Control Measures and Mitigation.
Permit To Work: Definition - Objectives - General Procedures - Types of Permit to Work - Conclusion.